A sugar-free snack - Ricotta with Raspberries, Lavender & Coconut

Ricotta and coconut are like a horse and carriage, or love and marriage. They. Just. Go. Together. I whipped this up in a matter of minutes (2 or 3!) for a quick, nutritious and tasty brekkie (and ate it before I could take a photo, hence the stand-in shot). You can add a drizzle of raw organic honey if you like, but I find it sweet enough without. I think a few violet flowers would also be delish, as an alternative to lavender. Best of all, it's sugar-free!

Via Zoe Bakes

Mix together:
  • Three heaped tablespoons of fresh ricotta (I used ricotta from a local farmer who uses biodynamic milk, but will be having a shot at making my own soon!)
  • One tablespoon coconut oil

Then sprinkle with:
  • A handful of fresh raspberries
  • A tiny sprinkle of dried lavender buds (go easy as they can overpower)

Voila! Enjoy. And feel free to share any sugar-free goodies you've come across below...



5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, though I would suggest caution to using dried lavender buds when given to children, young adults (under 30) or women who have a history of breast cancer, as lavender is estrogenic. It has been shown to produce breast buds in young boys.

    "Most cases of male prepubertal gynecomastia are classified as idiopathic. We investigated possible causes of gynecomastia in three prepubertal boys who were otherwise healthy and had normal serum concentrations of endogenous steroids. In all three boys, gynecomastia coincided with the topical application of products that contained lavender and tea tree oils. Gynecomastia resolved in each patient shortly after the use of products containing these oils was discontinued. Furthermore, studies in human cell lines indicated that the two oils had estrogenic and antiandrogenic activities. We conclude that repeated topical exposure to lavender and tea tree oils probably caused prepubertal gynecomastia in these boys."

    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa064725

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lemon & almond cookies look amazing. I will def try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this and it's so good! I added shredded coconut.

    ReplyDelete

 

SIGN UP FOR FRIDAY EMAILS

Get my weekly newsletter & Natural Beauty Guide for FREE! Sign up here

Tweets

I tweet here.

Say Hello

econestblog at gmail dot com